Laser distance breakout from 4 cm to 4 meters. It is suitable for Raspberry Pi, micro:bit, Arduino or Feather.
These low-power-laser-based time of flight sensors have great accuracy and sampling frequency, and this particular sensor has a wide range of detection, from 4cm to 4 meters.
Use it as a proximity sensor, for presence detection, or as a laser tape measure! The speed, accuracy, and range, make this sensor ideal for collision-avoidance on robots.
It's also compatible with our fancy new Breakout Garden the six slots and starting to grow your project, create, and code.
Free shipping on this item!
- VL53L1X Time of Flight (ToF) sensor (datasheet)
- 4-400cm range (27° field of view)
- Up to 50Hz ranging frequency
- +/- 25mm accuracy (+/- 20mm in the dark)
- I2C interface (address 0x29)
- 3.3V or 5V compatible
- Reverse polarity protection
- Compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi, and Arduino
- Python library
- VL53L1X breakout
- 1x5 male header
- 1x5 female right-angle header
This breakout board was designed so that you can solder on the piece of right-angle female header and pop it straight onto the bottom left 5 pins on your Raspberry Pi's GPIO header (pins 1, 3, 5, 7, 9).