Add a tiny yet convenient power switch to your Raspberry Pi with OnOff SHIM!
Just plug your micro-USB power supply into the micro-B connector on OnOff SHIM, and then press the button once to switch on power and boot up your Pi.
Free shipping on this item!
- Super-small SHIM-format board
- 0.8mm thick PCB
- Can be used with HATs and pHATs
- Corner-mounted push button for on/off
- Micro-B connector for power supply
- Red status LED
- Optional breakout pins to connect an external momentary button
- 2x6 female header included
- Supports up to 2.5A power supply
- Software daemon to shutdown cleanly
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Requires soldering
After installing our software, you can press and hold the button for one second to initiate a clean shutdown and completely cut the power to your Pi.
There is one-line-installer to install the clean shutdown daemon. It watches the state of BCM pin 17 and, when pulled low (pressed), it initiates a clean shutdown. Last thing, just before your Pi shuts down, BCM pin 4 is pulled low to completely cut power to your Pi.
To install the software, open a terminal and type the following command to run the one-line-installer.
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/onoffshim | bash