Five handy physical buttons and an RGB status LED!
Free shipping on this item!
- 5x tactile, right-angle push buttons
- Single RGB LED (APA102)
- Buttons driven through an IO expander (TCA9554A)
- Super-slim SHIM-format board
- 0.8mm thick PCB
- Can be used with HATs and pHATs
- Button SHIM pinout
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Python library
- 2x20 female header included
- Requires soldering
Because an IO expander is used to read the button states and drive the LED, you'll still have full access to all of your Pi's pins, assuming the I2C address (0x3f) doesn't clash.
There is a one-line-installer to install the Button SHIM Python library. There's even a few nice example programs showing how to use Button SHIM to control your Pi's audio, how to control the status LED, and how to mimic key presses.
To run the one-line-installer, open a terminal and type the following command
curl https://get.pimoroni.com/buttonshim | bash
- It's important to install Button SHIM the correct way round, with the buttons facing outwards from your Pi, and the buttons on the top (check the photos on this page if you're unsure)
- Board dimensions: 65x13x4.5mm (WxHxD, depth includes buttons)
- Button dimensions: 7x3.5x3.75 (WxHxD)